Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Eowyn Challenge

One does not simply walk to Mordor...

So of course, I have decided to run there instead!

Photo by Themeplus
 The Eowyn Challenge by Karen Wynn Fonstad is a distance challenge where you retrace the steps of Frodo and Sam, along with the rest of the fellowship, from Hobbiton to Mt. Doom. It has been a number of years since the huge surge of popularity of the movie trilogy, but I've always loved the travel descriptions from Tolkien's novels.

A goal is a great way to keep up an exercise program and not put off workouts. With my first marathon a little over six weeks away, I know I'll need something to keep me going afterwards. A great way to hold yourself to a plan is to make yourself accountable to others, so I am planning to keep updating on our twitter (@RedHealthPotion) as I progress along Frodo's path. I'll also toss in a few tips on endurance running that I have picked up progressing from couch to recreational runner. 

The first leg of the trip is to journey from Bag End to Rivendell, so stay tuned for hairy-footed hijinks!

Photo by Rob Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment